Be A Friend…donate
Your tax-deductible contribution to SAVE’s Annual Fund directly supports the care and nurturing of the animals in the shelter, and helps ensure that we can give these dogs and cats a second chance for happiness in a new home.
Call (609) 309-5214. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Mail or Fax
Download and complete our donation form and fax to (609) 309-5791 or mail to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals, 1010 Route 601, Skillman, NJ 08558
Beautiful creatures, a dedicated staff, and loyal volunteers characterize SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals. The Annual Fund is the lifeblood of SAVE providing the financial support necessary to build and sustain the shelter's core programs.
Our Goal: $975,000
Current Giving: $513,844
SAVE, like many other animal shelters, stands financially on its own. Adoption fees only cover a fraction of the cost of caring for every cat and dog. The Annual Fund is the shelter's fundraising priority. Each year, these generous, tax-deductible contributions provide unrestricted funds to the shelter for use where they are needed most.
Every gift to the Annual Fund is important. Outside funders, such as foundations and corporations, look at individual participation when making decisions about their donations. Leadership gifts are particularly meaningful, providing an opportunity to make a major contribution to the shelter's strength.
Annual Fund contributions to SAVE can be made by cash, credit card, or gifts of securities, and many companies have matching gift programs. You may also make a gift using our secure online giving option.
Your company can increase the impact of your gift dollar-for-dollar and you can inspire other fellow employees to do the same. Don’t forget to ask your employer if they will match your charitable contributions.
If your employer participates in a matching gift program, ask for the proper forms and procedures. Fill in the required information and send the form along with your gift to SAVE. We will process the paperwork for the matching gift.
Honorarium And Memorial Donations
Honorariums are a meaningful way to honor loved ones on special occasions such as a birthday, anniversary, or graduation. It can also be a way to say thank you or to pay tribute to a special person or pet in your life.
Memorial gifts may be made in memory of a loved one who has passed away, whether a pet or a human friend.
Your Honorarium or Memorial gift will be acknowledged on our website. We will also send you a receipt for tax purposes, and mail a card to the honoree or other designated recipient, letting them know that you’ve made a gift in their name or the name of a loved one.
To make an honorarium or memorial gift, download our in honor-or-memory form and send it to the address listed. Make sure to include the honoree’s name and/or the name and address of the person you’d like us to notify. You can also call (609) 309-5214 to make your gift with a credit card.
SAVE would like to gratefully acknowledge the following donors for their compassion for and contributions to animals in need.
2017 Honors And Memorial Donations
Corporate And Foundation Support
SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals depends on the business community to support the shelter’s programs and services and to recruit volunteers. Associating your company with a quality Princeton tradition, assisting our animals in residence, and endorsing our programs are very important to us. Whether you choose to help underwrite SAVE’s humane education program, sponsor the SAVE Gala, or support Stroll for Strays, there are many advantages to partnering with SAVE including:
- Promoting your business through SAVE’s printed materials and website.
- Helping to find homes for over 450 animals annually.
- Giving back to the community in a positive and meaningful way.
The Cornelia Jaynes Planned Giving Society
A Legacy of Promise
By joining the Cornelia Jaynes Planned Giving Society, you are creating a legacy that will grow in perpetuity so that the shelter can provide important services to help animals and people. With a planned gift to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals, you can combine your desire to give philanthropically with your overall financial, tax and estate planning goals. By making a planned gift of any kind, you will be recognized as a Society Member in SAVE’s newsletter and annual report.
Six Easy Ways to make a Planned Gift to SAVE:
1) A bequest: is the simplest way to make a planned gift. It involves leaving a percentage of your estate or a certain dollar amount in your will or living trust and does not require you to part with assets during your lifetime.
- To bequest a specific dollar amount to SAVE: “I bequeath the sum of $_____ to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals of Princeton, New Jersey.”
- To bequest of a percent of the estate to SAVE: “I devise and bequeath ___% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals of Princeton, New Jersey.”
2) A gift of appreciated stock: can be sold instantaneously and provide liquid cash for SAVE.
3) A charitable gift annuity: provides numerous tax benefits to you, and you are guaranteed income for the rest of your life.
4) A gift of life insurance: affords you the opportunity to make a gift with a sizeable face value for a minimal outlay of cash. You may give an existing policy, either fully or partially paid, or a new policy to the shelter by naming SAVE as the beneficiary.
5) A gift of retirement benefits: involves naming SAVE the entire or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan assets upon your death.
6) A gift of financial accounts or savings bonds: are other ways that would greatly benefit SAVE.
There are many other options for planned giving. They can provide you with tax benefits while they help SAVE’s animals. Through a planned gift, you may be able to increase your current income or provide additional retirement income, while reducing income tax and estate taxes. Some types of gifts virtually eliminate estate taxes, while others greatly reduce the amount of tax you are responsible for during your lifetime. It is important to explore your options so that both you and SAVE receive the full benefit of any considered gift.
To learn more about the Cornelia Jaynes Planned Giving Society and other ways to help SAVE’s cats and dogs, please contact the Development Office at 609-309-5214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.