SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals
Turn your love and passion for animals into a rewarding career. Join the SAVE team!
If you are committed to protecting the health and welfare of homeless companion animals and strengthening the human-animal bond, please fill out an employment application.
Volunteer and Event Coordinator
Schedule: Wednesday-Sunday, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Operations, Assistant Shelter Manager, Executive Director
Training in and experience with animal welfare and customer relations; Compliance with SAVE’s policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual and letter of agreement; Professional discretion, including maintaining confidentiality.
• Assist with scheduling off-site and on-site events for SAVE.
• Coordinate details of events, including volunteers to fill shifts, and sending reminders to registered volunteers two days in advance of the activity. Utilize Volunteer Spot calendar for sign-ups.
• Organize and transport animals and necessary medical records and equipment to (and from) events.
• Answer questions about SAVE, explain the adoption process, and help families complete the adoption or volunteer applications.
• Collect monetary and in-kind donations, and provide the general donation form.
• Keep work area(s) uncluttered and attractive.
• Assist event volunteers with concerns, issues, or problems.
• Report to the director of operations about the success of each event, and keep track of successful events.
• Identify community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local stores and special events.
• Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
• Survey the staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
• Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
• Schedule all volunteer activity.
• With the executive director and director of operations, develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
• Organize and participate in regularly scheduled volunteer meetings, recognition programs and special events.
• Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
• Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
• Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
• Confer with volunteers to resolve grievances and promote cooperation and interest.
• Coordinate corporate group-volunteer days.
Education and Experience
• Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve volunteerism.
• Have job-related experience, such as management, customer service, managing volunteer programs, and/or leading teams.
• Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and internet usage.
• Organization and planning skills.
• Ability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or difficult situations.
• Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
• Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
• Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAVE is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in all aspects of the employer-employee/applicant relationship including, but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, testing, interviewing, hiring, training, education, assistance, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, layoff, return from layoff, social and recreational programs, and all privileges and conditions of employment. SAVE seeks to employ the best qualified people in all positions and to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees. SAVE will not discriminate against or give preference to any person for any unlawful reason. SAVE complies with all local, state and federal laws and will not unlawfully discriminate because of sex, sexual or affectional orientation, color, race, religion/creed, national origin, nationality, ancestry, gender identity and expression, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, genetic information, possession of atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait (AHCBT) , or any other characteristic protected under law.