Be A Friend…donate
Your tax-deductible contribution to SAVE’s Annual Fund directly supports the care and nurturing of the animals in the shelter, and helps ensure that we can give these dogs and cats a second chance for happiness in a new home. SAVE is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) animal shelter and is not funded by your tax dollars, nor does it receive funding at the local, state, or federal levels.
Call (609) 309-5214. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Download and complete our donation form and MAIL to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals, 1010 Route 601, Skillman, NJ 08558. Please do not email your credit card information to SAVE.
FAITHFUL FRIEND OF SAVE Sustaining Monthly Member
When you become a Faithful Friend of SAVE Sustaining Member, you will join a special dedicated group of people reaching out each month to provide ongoing food, shelter, medical care and hope to homeless animals all year round.
$10/month provides replacement milk for a litter of orphaned kittens for 2 days or purchases 5 cans of dog food
$25/month will cover the cost of one dog or cat to be micro-chipped (all of our pets leave SAVE with a microchip)
$50/month gives us the ability to provide special care to animals with medical needs (e.g., blood work, medications, etc.)
$100/month will cover the cost of spay/neuter for one cat or dog
Donor Advised Funds
SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals is eligible for Donor Advised Fund (DAF) grants. If you currently have a donor-advised fund through Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Mellon Charitable, you may use DAFDirect to donate to SAVE. If not, please contact your DAF directly.
The Cornelia Jaynes Planned Giving Society
A Legacy of Promise
By joining the Cornelia Jaynes Planned Giving Society, you are creating a legacy that will grow in perpetuity so that the shelter can provide important services to help animals and people. With a planned gift to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals, you can combine your desire to give philanthropically with your overall financial, tax and estate planning goals. By making a planned gift of any kind, you will be recognized as a Society Member in SAVE’s newsletter and annual report.Six Easy Ways to make a Planned Gift to SAVE:
1) A bequest: is the simplest way to make a planned gift. It involves leaving a percentage of your estate or a certain dollar amount in your will or living trust and does not require you to part with assets during your lifetime.
- To bequest a specific dollar amount to SAVE: “I bequeath the sum of $_____ to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals of Princeton, New Jersey.”
- To bequest of a percent of the estate to SAVE: “I devise and bequeath ___% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals of Skillman, New Jersey.”
2) A gift of appreciated stock: can be sold instantaneously and provide liquid cash for SAVE.
3) A charitable gift annuity: provides numerous tax benefits to you, and you are guaranteed income for the rest of your life.
4) A gift of life insurance: affords you the opportunity to make a gift with a sizeable face value for a minimal outlay of cash. You may give an existing policy, either fully or partially paid, or a new policy to the shelter by naming SAVE as the beneficiary.
5) A gift of retirement benefits: involves naming SAVE the entire or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan assets upon your death.
6) A gift of financial accounts or savings bonds: are other ways that would greatly benefit SAVE.
There are many other options for planned giving. They can provide you with tax benefits while they help SAVE’s animals. Through a planned gift, you may be able to increase your current income or provide additional retirement income, while reducing income tax and estate taxes. Some types of gifts virtually eliminate estate taxes, while others greatly reduce the amount of tax you are responsible for during your lifetime. It is important to explore your options so that both you and SAVE receive the full benefit of any considered gift.
To learn more about the Cornelia Jaynes Planned Giving Society and other ways to help SAVE’s cats and dogs, please contact the Development Office at 609-309-5214 or email@example.com.
Your company can increase the impact of your gift dollar-for-dollar and you can inspire other fellow employees to do the same. Don’t forget to ask your employer if they will match your charitable contributions.
If your employer participates in a matching gift program, ask for the proper forms and procedures. Fill in the required information and send the form along with your gift to SAVE. We will process the paperwork for the matching gift. We are happy to answer any questions and assist you in filling out the paperwork. Please e-mail Admin@savehomelessanimals.org. Thank you!
Corporate and Foundation Support
For Corporations, Foundations, and Local Businesses who wish to give back to the community and channel some resources for positive social impact, SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals provides many opportunities to increase your visibility and employee satisfaction. Some of the opportunities for your company to serve society alongside your shareholders can include:
- Group volunteer opportunities are perfect for company or team bonding
- Sponsor a fund raising event
- Underwrite a specific program that positively impacts the lives of homeless cats and dogs.
SAVE has a 4-star Charity Navigator rating. Your organization can trust that their support is going to a financially responsible and ethical charity.
Our Commitment to Our Donors
SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals is committed to protecting our donors' privacy. We will not sell, share or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. A Donor may 'opt-out' of receiving future mailings from SAVE or limit the number of mailings sent by contacting the Executive Director of SAVE. The name of the donor will be published in the SAVE Annual Report unless the donor requests to be listed anonymously. Gifts or grants received from third party granting organizations will follow the policy of the granting organization. If no policy exists, the donor will be contacted to confirm their wishes regarding acknowledgment of their gift or grant. All donor records will be retained, but all requests made by the donor regarding confidentiality will be noted in the donor record accordingly. To the extent that a donation is processed through a third-party service provider such as credit card bank processing, PayPal, etc., our donors' information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation. This policy applies to all information received by SAVE, both online and offline, on any Platform ("Platform", includes the SAVE website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.