Guided by diverse and dedicated SAVE staff members, volunteers act in partnership to improve animals’ lives in direct and impactful ways. SAVE volunteers form a vital network of animal welfare advocates who are empowered to share their experience and knowledge with clients, visitors, friends, and family. If you share our interest, and want to make a positive change in the lives of homeless animals, please consider donating your time to SAVE.
Important items to note prior to emailing your application:
- You must be 16 years of age to volunteer with our cats
- 18 years of age to volunteer with our dogs
- Ages 8 to 15 may participate in our Paws for Reading program (more info below)
- We accept volunteers needing to fulfill court-appointed community service on a case-by-case basis
- We ask that all volunteers are able to commit to at least 8 hours per month
Email your application to: [email protected]
SAVE recommends that every volunteer have an updated tetanus vaccination. All volunteers must wear appropriate apparel, including closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops) and pants (if you choose to wear shorts they must extend past the fingertips when arms are extended comfortably at your side).
Become a SAVE volunteer and help us save homeless pets! Whether you help care for the animals or help keep the shelter clean, your time and compassion will make a tremendous difference in the lives of our animals who depend on us. We hope you’ll join our dedicated and committed family of animal lovers!!!
Email to: [email protected].